Wednesday 30 September 2009

DCM Challenge

This week at the Daring Card Makers the challenge is to use tartan.

I think these Daisy and Dandelion papers just about pass as tartan and I decided to use my Christmas Bonnie stamp from the Winter Fun set as it has been too long since the Patchwork Pals stamps were out of the packet.
I like the way these papers combine a very pale purple/pink with the traditional red and green which means you can bring those colours into a combination that wouldn't normally gel.

I've got the Liquid Applique out to highlight her outfit.
The greeting has had the larger of the lovely flowery snowflake stamps added in the middle (also from the Winter Fun set). I couldn't decide what colour to stamp it and tired a couple of options on the pale lilac card before I stamped the final image. I'd also toyed with the idea of using a more highly patterned cuttlebug embossing folder for the background and tried it on a white card blank. I decided it was too busy for the project but this meant I had some left overs to use up.
Kept it simple to show off the background pattern and added scraps of paper from the Bonnie card, finished off with a ribbon.

YY Kate YY

3 comments:

  1. I love your tartan card and the Patchwork Pals image is very cute. Great use of the leftovers too!

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, this is lovely - that tartan looks just perfect. Love that liquid appliqué

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really cute and pretty card. Love the appliqué. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete